Welcome To India's Pride Sania Mirza Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome To India's Pride Sania Mirza Forum

Sania Mirza(Forum) Hang out For Sania Mirza fans

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sania want to concentrate on Singles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-09-22

Sania want to concentrate on Singles Empty
PostSubject: Sania want to concentrate on Singles   Sania want to concentrate on Singles Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Asserting that singles matches were her priority, Indian tennis star Sania Mirza on Friday said that she may miss out some doubles matches in order to prolong her singles career.
"Singles are the priority for me. Since I'm young enough I will try to prolong my singles career till my body holds up", said Sania who was in Mumbai for a promotional event for Cadbury's.

"I've been playing quite well in singles so I'm trying to balance it out between singles and doubles matches. I might as well skip a few doubles' events here and there", she said.

The 22-year-old Hyderabadi, who won the mixed doubles crown at the Australian Open with compatriot Mahesh Bhupathi in January this year and made it to the singles final of the Pattaya Open earlier this month, said she was happy with the way her career was shaping up and has set herself new goals.

Sania, who had to withdraw from the Fed Cup earlier this month due to a wrist injury, said she was happy with her fitness after her injury woes in 2008.

"I have been practising in Hyderabad for the past one week and my wrist has held up very well. We do have a few niggles here and there but overall I'm happy with my fitness," she said.
Back to top Go down
http://anupbhuvanan.uni.cc

Sania want to concentrate on Singles
Page 1 of 1