Welcome To India's Pride Sania Mirza Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome To India's Pride Sania Mirza Forum

Sania Mirza(Forum) Hang out For Sania Mirza fans

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aegon Classic: Sania mirza starts on a winning note

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-09-22

Aegon Classic: Sania mirza starts on a winning note Empty
PostSubject: Aegon Classic: Sania mirza starts on a winning note   Aegon Classic: Sania mirza starts on a winning note Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:28 pm

Sania Mirza began her grass court campaign with a 6-1, 6-2 win over Tatiana Poutchek at the Aegon Classic on Tuesday, shrugging off a persistent wrist injury that had threatened to end her career.

The 22-year-old from India hit the ball well and moved superbly. She made a rampaging start, breaking serve immediately and then winning a third game that went to eight deuces and which lasted more than a quarter of an hour.

"After what I have been through I am thankful to God that I am back," she said, referring to the multiple problems with the wrist which required surgery and prolonged rehab.

Poutchek, a qualifier from Belarus, grew increasingly frustrated as the match quickly went away from her. She twice broke back in the second set for 1-1 and 2-2 but was unable to ever take the lead.

Mirza has slipped well down in the rankings - she is now ranked No. 98 - but she said she was delighted just to be back playing on one of her favourite surfaces.

"I love playing on grass and that's what I am concentrating on," Mirza said. "I'm not too concerned about my ranking it's never easy coming back from injury, but a couple of runs here and there and the ranking will take care of itself."
Mirza next plays Anne Keothavong, the eleventh-seeded British number one who overwhelmed Sofia Arvidsson of Sweden, 6-2, 6-2.
Back to top Go down
http://anupbhuvanan.uni.cc

Aegon Classic: Sania mirza starts on a winning note
Page 1 of 1