Welcome To India's Pride Sania Mirza Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome To India's Pride Sania Mirza Forum

Sania Mirza(Forum) Hang out For Sania Mirza fans

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sania Mirza in Japan Open semifinals

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-09-22

Sania Mirza in Japan Open semifinals Empty
PostSubject: Sania Mirza in Japan Open semifinals   Sania Mirza in Japan Open semifinals Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:34 pm

Sania Mirza today advanced to the Japan Open semifinals after her second-seeded French opponent Marion Bartoli retired midway through the quarterfinal due to a shoulder injury with the Indian leading 6-4 2-0 here.

With Bartoli hampered by a right shoulder injury, Sania controlled the proceedings in the hour-long match, although the Indian said she did not play all that well.

"You always like to win match point, so it was unfortunate but I felt I was playing well and was in control.

At the end of the day, a win is a win. The big thing for me is that I was outplaying a top 15 player, who was in good form," Sania said.

Sania will next play fourth seed Francesca Schiavone, who didn't even need to take the court as her seventh seeded rival Melinda Czink withdrew due to a right foot injury.
Back to top Go down
http://anupbhuvanan.uni.cc

Sania Mirza in Japan Open semifinals
Page 1 of 1